A vCard (or virtual card) is a payment card much like the credit and debit cards in your wallet.
It is like them in that:
- You, or your vendor, can use them to pay for goods and services in much the same way you might pay for these things using your credit or debit card.
- vCards are accepted wherever MasterCard charge cards are accepted.
- You have greater control over these cards, as they are created, loaded, and canceled however you wish and all through your dashboard.
- Like a debit card, their spending limit is equal to the funds you have put into them.
- Payment authorization, confirmation, fund transfers, and transaction fees are all the same as paying with other cards.
It is not like them in that:
- A vCard is only ever in digital form and thus cannot be physically swiped through a card reader (though it can be manually entered in a virtual terminal or online checkout form).
- A vCard has security precautions regarding who can use the card and (for your security) who cannot.
- PayStand can notify you automatically and immediately when a transaction takes place.
Feel free to contact PayStand Customer Success if you have any further questions.